Lassi is an yogurt (curd) based Indian drink which traces its orgin from Punjab. Many flavors can be added while preparing Lassi and one such method is adding ripened Mango. Mango is a seasonal food and during summer, mango is available throughout India. Ripe mango can be consumed directly or it can be used for the preparation of juices, milkshake, lassi etc. Here I have used ripe mango to prepare Lassi.
Ripe Mango – 1.5 cup
Thick Curd/ Yogurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 4 teaspoon / to taste
Water – 1/2 cup or as required (optional)
1) Peel the skin of the mango and cut them into slices.
2) Mix mango with yogurt and blend them for a mintue.
3) Add sugar and required water and again blend them for a mintue.
4) Lassi is ready. Serve it chill.
1) Add cardamom powder/ safforn if you prefer.