The husband got me a bag of fresh peanuts when he returned home yesterday. I am a big fan of fresh peanuts and eat it in raw form any time. As I got them in large quantity this time, I was thinking what to prepare using it. Nothing came into my mind but in the mean time, I finished eating quarter quantity of the raw peanuts. So before I complete all the raw peanuts, I decided to boil it in the same way my mom does every time when she buys it.
I have chosen the pressure cook method which makes the job easier. You can also boil in a large pot with extra water, but this method will take longer time than the pressure cook method. When you choose to boil it in a pot, check for salt and softness of the peanuts at even intervals to get perfect boiled peanuts.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Fresh peanuts in shell / Raw peanuts in shell – 5 cups
Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
Water – 2 cups
1) Wash the peanuts in running water until the water runs clean. Make sure to remove mud and other dusts while cleaning.
2) Soak the washed peanuts in big bowl of water for 15 minutes.
3) After 15 minutes, drain the water completely and add the peanuts to the pressure cooker.
4) Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Increase / decrease the salt as per your taste.
5) Add 2 cups of water or add water just below the peanut level. Refer the below picture. Stir well.
6) Cover the pressure cooker with lid. Turn on the flame and wait for pressure cooker to release 4-5 whistles.
7) Wait for the steam to release from the cooker. Once it is done, open the lid and drain the water.
8) Transfer the peanuts to another bowl.
9) Allow it to cool for a while and eat them.
1) You might need to decrease or increase the number of whistles according to the maturity of the peanuts.
2) As soon as you cook, remove the peanuts from the salty water. Otherwise, the peanuts become messy and salty.
i too great addict to peanuts… especially boiled one…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Yeah really addictive….
Wow lovely clicks..Lovd the first click 🙂 And I lovvvvve boiled peanuts… 🙂
Today's Recipe – Aatu kaal soup / Lamb leg soup
(South Indian Style)
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
boiled peanuts are my fav too…very nice clicks Uma!!
I have posted these too, except without chilka – Love this as an afternoon snack and somehow it has become a prasadam for the days we have bhajans at our home 🙂 nice post, Uma 🙂 hope to be back sooner than this time 🙁 sorry summer has been a blast with the kids and although I posted a few intermittent recipes, I have not gone blog hopping for commenting – school has started hopefully will be back to this more regularly! cheers, priya
This is my most fav one. I can't stop munching this and your clicks are too tempting me.
Just love it
Nice post and very useful to beginners..
wow uma nice to see the face behind the name…glad to c u…wasn't able to access the page cos it asks for google connect but today it happened some how…thx for the tip
Boiled peanuts are a family favorite…Nice clicks Uma
Boiled peanuts, seriously am missing it..Send me some,i'll happily munch them rite now.
these are my favorites!