Ask my husband, he tells you how much I love baking, especially baking cupcakes and muffins. Unlike cake baking, cupcake takes ~15 minutes to set which is an another reason for my love. Recent days, I have been baking many flavored cupcakes and muffins and I am doing my experiments with multiple handy ingredients. I have also taken picture of few and I will be posting here now and then based on my available time.
I used store bought guava juice here, you can either prepare it at home or go with store bought one. Also, at last I added finely chopped guava(without seeds) for extra guava flavor.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 muffins
Butter – 1/4 cup, softened
Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
Egg – 1 no., at room temperature
All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Guava Juice – 1/4 cup, fresh or store bought
Guava – 2 -3 tablespoons, finely chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Line the muffin/cupcake tray with paper/baking cups.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
3) In another bowl, add together the butter and sugar. Beat well using hand whisk until the mixture becomes creamy.
4) Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat again.
5) Now add the 1/3 of dry ingredients mixture to the creamy egg mixture. Mix well.
6) Add half of guava juice now. Mix again but gently.
7) Now add half of the left dry ingredients. Mix again and add remaining guava juice. Mix Again.
8) Add the left dry ingredients and mix again. You need to start and end with dry ingredients and in between add Juice. (Flour-Guava Juice-Flour-Guava Juice-Flour) Follow this order.
9) Finally add chopped guava pieces and gently fold it. Final dough will be thick.
10) Pour a tablespoon or two into the prepared muffin tray.
11) Bake it for 15 minutes or till the tooth pin inserted into it comes out clean.
12) Transfer to the wire rack and cool completely.
1) Adjust sugar quantity till 1/2 cup based on personal preference.