A mousse which has a meaning of foam is known as a classical french recipe. It is prepared by incorporating air bubbles to give a light and airy texture. It can range from light and fluffy to creamy and thick, depending on preparation techniques. (Source: Wiki)
A very simple recipe which we prepare at home very often. I totally
forgot where I adopted it from as it was very very long time ago. However, the recipe remains in my mind and the taste remains in my taste buds.Here is the recipe to enjoy yourself.
Preparation Time: <15 minutes
Idle Time: 1 hour
Dark Chocolate – 100 grams (54% chocolate)
Heavy cream / Double Cream – 300 ml
Sugar – 1/4 cup or to taste
1) Heat chocolate in bowl using double boiler method. Stir in as it melts. Mean while whisk sugar and double cream till it sets foamy.
2) Pour 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate in two clean glasses and keep then inside the refrigerator. (Optional)
3) Fold in the cream sugar mixture with the remaining melted chocolate.
4) Whisk well till it sets.
5) Pour in the glasses(which we kept in refrigerator as said in step 2) equally and keep refrigerated for minimum 1 hour to allow them cool.
6) Before serving, decorate with chocolate chips and cream(Optional)
7) Easy Egg less chocolate Mousse is ready.