Two days ago I was badly craving for Donuts. I knew donuts are available in my office canteen. Before leaving home, I planned to get one to fulfill my craving. Poor me, when I went to the donut shop, all the donuts were sold out. 🙁
To add to my woes, there are no Donuts shops on the way to my home. What else I would do? Go home and prepare it. After a quick browsing, I found this recipe and started baking it. The pictures posted below are clicked during the evening time, so excuse the picture clarity. For now, just enjoy the muffins 🙂
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Tme: 15-20 minutes
Makes : 11 muffins
Granulated Suar – 3/4 cup
Egg – 1 no, large size, at room temperature
All purpose flour / Plain flour / Maida – 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Ground Nutmeg – 1/4 teaspoon
Milk – 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 2 tablespoons, melted
Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
Ground cinnamon / Ground nutmeg – 2 teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/175C for 15 minutes. Grease the muffins tray with oil or line it with muffin cases. Keep it aside.
2) In a medium size bowl, beat sugar and egg until it is light and creamy.
3) In a large size bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix well.
4) Add the beaten egg, sugar mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well till it has blended well.
5) Add in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
6) At the end, you will get a creamy, smooth batter.
7) Pour this batter equally to prepared muffin tray, say about 3/4th full.
8) Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the tester/toothpin inserted into it comes out clean.
9) When the muffins are in oven, prepare for rolling.
10) Melt the butter in one bowl. Mix sugar and cinnaman/nutmeg in another bowl.
11) When muffins are ready and warm, dip the top of the muffins into the melted butter and roll it in the sugar cinnamon mixture.
12) Serve and Enjoy!
Finally the donut muffins won!! 😀
Love these yummy muffins.. Beautiful clicks..
Lovely, sugary & cinnamony!!! Just wanna grab them!!
LOve the topping,so looks so yummy
Very perfect and yummy muffins. Love the toppings.
I feel like munching these donut influenced muffins..It was in ever to-do list..i can go nuts for donuts anytime.
lovely lookin muffins….
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" – HRS Event and SURPRISE Giveaway – Dec 20th to Mar 20th
SYF&HWS – Cook With SPICES" Series
South Indian Cooking – July 15th to Sep 15th
Wow..they look so cutee,yummy muffins !!
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations
so inviting clicks..looks very yummy
Need one right now:)
awesome…all time fav recipe
I love the flavour of cinnamon wafting through my kitchen, these look very sinful!
love the topping, thanks Uma for sharing this donut muffins, bookmarked to try…
liked all your clicks, neatly presented!
Beautiful and delicious muffin.
so yummy looking muffin.. My son want this soon 🙂
Delicious and yummy looking Muffins
Incredible muffins, i want some seriously now, craving for donuts too.
Cute muffins.. Looks super delicious
wow too gud recipe,loved ur step vise clicks,well explained…
The topping is very simple but tasty. Looks delicious.
Loved these! The whole family loved them, especially our little one. Great recipe!
Yum, these look so delicious! Give me one of these for breakfast and I'll be a happy girl. The top sugary part looks like heaven.