Last week I prepared pepper chicken which was the husband’s favorite. Non-vegetarian enters into my kitchen only when there is a demand or request or guests come home.
When guests are at home, I usually don’t get time to shoot pictures and video. So, I utilized this opportunity and shot the video last week for this pepper chicken.
This recipe is from MIL, first learned in the year 2011. It is bit spicy and if you can not stand with this level of spiciness, then reduce the quantity of black pepper or green chillei according to your taste. I used boneless chicken as it does suit this recipe very well.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
If you would like to follow the instructions of this recipe in video format, please subscribe my channel and the video is given below.
For Roasting and Grinding:
Whole Black Pepper – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Bay Leaf – 1
Green Chillies – 2, slit
Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Tomato – ½ cup
Chicken – ½ kg
Salt –to taste
Curry leaves – a sprig
1) Dry roast the whole black pepper, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
2) Cool down and ground it to a powder.
3) Heat Oil in a kadai. Once it is hot, add cloves, bayleaves, cinnamon and greenchillies.
4) Once it is sauteed well, add onion.
5) Once it is sauteed well and the onion becomes soft and translucent, add ginger garlic paste and give a stir.
6) Add chopped tomato. cook till it mashes well.
7) Add chicken, ground masala and salt to taste. Mix well.
8) Cover it using the lid and cook it for 5 minutes.
9) Uncover and continue cooking without lid.
10) Stir at frequent intervel to avoid burning. if required, add oil in between.
11) Once the chicken becomes dry, add curry leaves and stir gently.
12) Serve hot.
1) Pepper chicken dry is served as a side dish for roti/rice for lunch.
1) Always make a fresh pepper powder for good flavour.
2) Make sure to adjust the pepper powder and green chillie quantity according to your taste. The quantity I mentioned here gives bit spiciness to this chicken.