I was of the opinion nothing beats the simplicity and wholesomeness of a vegetarian dish. But when i started to learn non-veg recipes, I got to know that there are so many simple dishes with yummy taste. This chicken roast is not an exception as it is very simple to prepare and tasty too. I thank Kiruba, my friend for this recipe. This dish was yummy as soon it was cooked but started turning out a bit hard after some time. I pondered over the mistakes made this time and have corrected them while preparing this post. Well, here you have the chicken roast which is very soft and tender.
Chicken – 300 grams
Curd – 4 tablespoon
Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Ginger – 1 teaspoon
Garlic – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Dry Roast below ingredients and grind them to a coarse mixture.
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Poppy seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 string
1) Wash the chicken well and cut them into your desired size. Smaller the better.
2) In a Mixing bowl mix curd, red chilli powder, ginger, garlic and salt. Mix these contents well.
3) Place the chicken pieces in the curd mixture and marinate them for 3 hours. You can either keep it a refrigerator or simply leave it outside. If you don’t have time, you can marinate them at least for 30 minutes.
4) After 3 hours, take a kadai and heat butter in it.
5) When butter starts to melt, add the marinated chicken pieces slowly. No need to add water.
6) The marinated chicken starts to lose the water content in it.
7) Cover the pan using the lid and cook till the water content completely evaporates. Keep stirring at even intervals.
8) After few minutes, you can see the butter getting separated from the chicken pieces.
9) Now turn the flame to very low level.
10) Add the ingredients mentioned for roasting and mix them well.
11) There is a chance that the mixture might get burnt. So make sure that the roasted masala is mixed well only with chicken and not in the pan / kadai.
12) Keep frying till the chicken has cooked well. If required you can add oil in between to avoid the mixture getting burnt. Make sure the chicken pieces are not dried and also not over cooked.
13) Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from stove and garnish it with coriander leaves.
14) Serve it Hot.
Note: Do not overcook the chicken. Over cooking cause the chicken pieces to become hard. If you are not serving immediately then cover this dish with a lid. This maintains the chicken soft and tender.
If you don’t have any ingredients mentioned for roasting,simply add cumin seeds.