Ooops! I just remembered that there is a packet of bread which if left for few more days would turn stale. I missed enjoying soft breads with butter. I really didn’t know what to do with the leftover bread. I tried preparing this recipe with cheese which was leftover from pizza preparation. It turned out to be crispy and yummy. Why don’t you give a try?
Bread slices – 8
Shredded cheese – 1 cup
Carrot – 1, Grated Well
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 2 strings, finely chopped
Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Amchur powder / Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Ground ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato ketchup – as required
Salt – To taste
1) In a mixing bowl, add shredded cheese, grated carrot, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, amchur powder, ground ginger and salt. Mix all the ingredients well. If you don’t have the amchur powder, substitute this ingredient with few drops of lemon juice.
2) Cut the four brown edges of the bread and then join four bread pieces( like a centipede) i.e, one edge of the bread to the other bread.
3) Make an overlap and if required use water. (only for overlapping)
4) Using a rolling pin, roll the bread gently and give pressure to flatten the bread up.
5) Apply a thin coating of tomato ketchup on this bread chain.
6) Spread the cheese stuffing on the bread evenly.
7) Roll the bread from one end to other end using water and seal the end .Repeat the same procedure for the other 4 breads and make a roll.
8) Cover this using a food wrapper and keep it in fridge for an hour.
9) After an hour, take it out from fridge and cut them into slices.
10) Preheat the oven to 150 C for 15 minutes.
11) Keep the cheese bread slices in the baking tray and bake them for 15 minutes or until the bread slightly changes to brown colour.
12) Crispy cheese bread swirls are ready to be served with any sauce of your liking.