After trying Pineapple kesari, Pineapple rasam and Pineapple juice, I was left with few more slices of the pineapple. My husband likes to have pineapple as it is after sprinkling some red chilli powder and salt on it. But he too wasn’t in a mood to eat those few slices that day.
I remembered eating a salad using pineapple from a famous restaurant when we went out for dining. I slightly tweaked it and made an easy dish with simple ingredients that are available in every household. It turned out to be a good one. The sweetness of the pineapple and crunchiness from Sweetcorn gave an incredible taste. I added red bell pepper for the dish to have an appealing, inviting colour and flavor.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
1 cup Pineapple, finely chopped
½ heaped cup Sweet corn, steamed
1/3 tbsp Red bell pepper, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Ground pepper to taste
3 tsp extra virgin Olive Oi
Method with step by step Pictures:
1) Peel the skin of the pineapple and chop it into small pieces.
2) Steam the sweet corns.
3) Very finely chop the red bell pepper.
4) Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add salt, black pepper and olive oil. Mix well again. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
5) Serve or refrigerate till you serve.
1) You can also add green bell pepper and lemon juice. It is absolutely based on personal preference.