Easy and very easy recipes are my choice and if it comes with choco flavor, I am the first person stands in the queue to prepare and enjoy it. I bookmarked such an easy choco recipe from Priya of Bon-Appetit a month ago. When I prepared at home, it disappeared immediately just after my preparation. Try it, you and your kids like them much and you can see them disappeared in no minute.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Idle Time: 30-60 minutes
Makes: 20-25 pinwheels
For outer layer:
Marie/Mcvities/Tea Biscuits – 20 nos (half packet approx)
Cocoa Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Milk – As required to make dough
For inner layer:
Dessicated coconut/Dry coconut – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup (+/- according to your taste)
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Cardamom powder – 1/8 teaspoon
1) Using the mixer/coffee grinder/food processor, powder the biscuits first and towards the end, add cocoa powder and sugar. Make a smooth powder. Sift it so that it makes the rolling process easy.
2) Add little quantity of milk at a time and make soft dough. Knead it for 3 minutes and keep aside.
3) Combine all the ingredients given for the inner layer and mix well. Keep it aside.
4) Now divide the dough(as said in step 2) into two and roll one divided dough into a round shape like chapathi using the rolling pin.
5) Spread the dry coconut mix evenly (as said in step 3) over the rolled dough. Leave some space at the ends.
6) Roll tightly like a cylindrical shape and seal the cracks if any.
7) Cover it using a cling wrap/aluminium foil and repeat the above steps with remaining dough. Keep both the rolls in freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
8) After 30-60 minutes, cut them into small pinwheels with the width of half inch.
9) Serve chill.
1) If you do not have dessicated coconut, cream the sugar and butter and use as inside layer. In fact, this gives very perfect shape than pinwheels using dessicated coconut.
2) Mix some coffee powder to the milk to get some coffee flavor.
3) You can store it for 2 days but I bet it can not stay at your home for 2 days.
Uma, this looks fantastic and really ezee to make. Perfectly done dear, a must try for my kids they love 'swiss roll' quite similar to this
Tempting clicks uma! Super easy recipe!
சாக்லேட்டை வைச்சு எதாச்சும் பண்ணிருப்பீங்க,அப்புடியே எஸ்கேப் ஆகலாம்னு எட்டிப்பாத்தேன்,இது வேஏஏஏஏறயா இருக்கு! 🙂
Uma they have turned out superb ! merry christmas and sending across warm cheers & festive spirits
They look very delectable.
looks so delicious and easy to make,Thanks for sharing dear…Happy holidays.
yummilicious n perfect pin wheels..very tempting as well!!
You can link this to my event
Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)
It looks superb!
Simply yummy looking Choco Pinwheels. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
These look awesome. Delicious too.
Yummy and perfect…very tempting
Woww.. looks super perfect and delicious.. thanks for sharing dear 🙂
They look so perfect…
Pinwheels look perfect Uma.
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha
Wow cute looking elegant pinwheels..loving it.
uma u have done it wonderfully ……superb…
Your pinwheels look so fancy and perfect, Uma. I bet they are perfect for a kids party and the adults won't be able to resist either.
Lovely. They look absolutely yummy :-). And so simple too!
Uma it is just yummy…need to try it sometime 🙂
Wow looks so delicious and perfect pinwheels u have got
uma yummmmm 🙂 🙂 u r so gud
very simple recipe, im def gonna make these!
Wow these look tempting.. I am going to try this very soon. Loved your blog.