I really want to write my experience when I baked these Ritz cracker. but it is already late night here and it is been a week since I updated my blog. So I am jumping to the recipe directly to day. This recipe is adopted from spicy treats where she adopted it from Cupcake project.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: more than 3 dozens (based on the thickness of Ritz cracker, It might vary)
All Purpose Flour / Maida / Plain Flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar – 1/2 tablespoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon for topping
Cold unsalted butter – 3 tablespoon + 1 and 1/2 tablespoons for brushing, melted
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1/3 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the baking tray with the baking sheet.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix well till all the ingredients are incorporated well.
3) Add cold unsalted butter to the mixing bowl and mix well.
4) Next, add oil and mix well.
5) Now, Start adding water slowly / little at a time and mix the flour using your hand. Add water till you get a smooth dough.
6) Very slightly knead it and divide into medium sized balls.
7) With the help of flour, roll out each medium sized dough balls as thin as you can.
8) Using a cookie cutter cut the dough. Use any of your favourite shaped cookie cutter.
9) Arrange them in baking tray. Repeat this step for remaining dough balls.
10) Using a fork, make holes in each of the ritz pattern. Putting holes in the cookie helps the cookie to bake correctly.
11) Bake them in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the crackers become slightly golden brown. It took 15 minutes for me to get crisp cookies
12) When cookies are in the oven, melt the remaining butter and mix it with salt.
13) When the cookies are out of oven, brush them immediately using the melted butter and salt mix. I skipped this part and added more salt while making dough. It is up to you to prepare your preference.
14) Cool slightly and enjoy with tea.
wow crackers look awesome and perfect … want to try this immediately …. thanks for the recipe …
Wow…Crackers are crunchy…perfectly baked….
I did not realize that it was this simple a recipe to make. I always buy boxes of ritz crackers for snack. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Oh my, looks so perfect just like ritz crackers. awesome clicks 🙂
Nicely done..they look better than the original 🙂
Crackers look so delicious and crunchy. Yummy preparation.
looks crispy and very tempting uma.
pretty clicks 🙂
perfectly made crispy crackers…
yummy n crispy crackers….
Perfect crackers…luv the shapes..
Wow… never knew these beauties can be made at home this simple way… Great Job Uma!!
Krithi's Kitchen – Serve It – Pressure Cooked/Slow Cooked
I am a big fan of ritz cookies and iwhenever i buy this i finish the whole packet on my own!!. Book marking this yummy homemade cookies
wow love this..uma thats duplicate….
beautifully done….lovely snaps!!
Looks crunchy n delicious cookies, love th shape n excellent preparation…
This looks so delicious.
Gosh these r so cute n gorgeous yumms
Those crackers look perfect n delicious
Wonderful looking crackers…cute flower shaped
Cute crackers,feel like munching some..
cruncy crispy cracker perfect with tea
it looks fantastic. love it
they look adorable!
Just made this yesterday. I used white whole wheat flour and just a teaspoon of sugar. They turned out great. I will definitely make them again. I did get 70 crackers out of one batch so I must have rolled them out a little thinner? Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Amy for trying it out.
Thank you for lovely recipe!:)))
Perhaps a little parmesan cheese powder and a little cayenne/chillie powder would kick it up another notch? 🙂