Coconut chutney is a quintessential companion for Idly, Dosa, Pongal, Upma, Bajji and even more breakfast varieties. Select ingredients at apt combination and seasoning makes the coconut chutney a delightful side dish.
Coconut – 3/4 cup, chopped
Roasted Channa Dal – 4 tablespoons
Garlic – 1 clove
Tamarind – 1 small piece
Green chillies – 2 nos
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Split urid dal – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 1 string
Oil – 2 teaspoon
1) Mix coconut, roasted channa dal, tamarind, garlic and green chillies together in a mixer and grind it well just by adding little water to it.
2) Grind till you get the texture and feel of chutney.
3) Transfer the contents to a bowl. Take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
4) Add mustard and urid dal. Once the seeds pop up, add curry leaves.
5) Pour this seasoning to the bowl containing chutnet.
6) Coconut chutney is ready. Very easy and quick to prepare – isn’t it?