I am the one who love to taste all edible delicacies and enjoy its originality whereas my husband is very picky who tastes the food only if he likes. That sometimes makes me happy, because of which he shares his food with me and I enjoy more. sometimes I show off that I am perfect foodie like this… :-). Never mind.
This was the case when I first prepared the Mexican tomato salsa. He simply avoided it and I had to eat all with no choice. Next time, I prepared tortilla cups which were the leftover after making the wraps and served it with mild hot salsa. After having a single bite, he demanded more and finished everything including my share. Hmm… How a little thing changes a man to eat the dish!!!
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 cups
For Tortilla Cups:
Plain Tortilla Breads – 3 nos
Oil – few drops (Optional)
For Tomato Salsa:
Salad Tomato – 3 nos, medium size
Onion – 1 no,small size
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Green chillies – 2 nos
Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
Salt – to taste
For Tortilla Cups:
1) Take a tortilla and cut them into square shapes.
2) Grease the muffin tray with oil and place the tortilla pieces inside the muffin cup and shape them to foam a cup like muffin.
3) Place inside the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the tortilla cups get crisp with the temperature of 180C.
4) Once done, remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool. They will became more crisp when they cool.
5) Tortilla cups are ready to serve.
For Tomato Salsa:
1) De seed the tomatoes and chop them into fine pieces. Also chop onion and green chillies to fine pieces.
2) Mix all chopped pieces together with lemon juice, coriander leaves, pepper powder and salt.
3) Taste it and adjust the tanginess and salt according to your need.
4) Keep covered and refrigerated for minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
1) Place an approximate tablespoon of tomato salsa inside the tortilla cups and serve.
2) Enjoy it in a single bite.
1) You can also cut the tortilla into round shapes using a cookie cutter to make cups. Personally, I feel making a square shape is easy and so tried it. Using one tortilla, I made 4 square shapes.
2) I added only 2 green chillies to get very mild spicy. You feel free to add more to get the authentic Mexican taste.
3) This tomato salsa can also be served with corn tortilla chips.
Sending this recipe to Akheela’s food palette series finale rainbo colours.
wow….this is so refreshing..i too make salsa in bit similar way for ready made tortilla scoops 🙂
with tortilla bread is a innovative idea…so colorful pictures and i like the last click very much…so fresh!!
colourful snack salsa looks wonderful in tortilla cups thank you for linking it to the food palette series rainbow colours
Super adorable clicks..! love this tortilla snack!!
Event: Serve It – Steamed
wow…ur new template is simply rocking Uma..
eye catchy cliks with gorgeous presentation..
Am turning big fan of your recipes…:P
They look so cute … nice presentation.
Event: Herbs and Flowers – Garlic
Tortilla cups look simply awesome and colorful. Very cute presentation.
wow Uma,love this cute cups and the salad,luks very nice…
salsa in tortia cups…….killer combo.
Woww.. looks so tempting and delicious.. awesome pictures too 🙂
This is such fabulous looking snack..Its my kids fav after school snack..
I love it a lot! Want to have some now! Lovely clicks!
Looks so yum ..it's a comfy food
Refreshing and delicious tortilla cups…
What an interesting appetiser! I am sure this will go well with kids who love foods that are visually appealing too! Thanks for sharing Uma!
wow nice chatpata recipe….those cups are looking very cute and colorful
A Girl's Diary
What's On Your Kebab Platter:win a gift
woww love this cute cups n salad!!
What a beautiful picture!!Seeing it makes me drool
lovely and cute cups 🙂
so cute and lovely…
cutie tortila cups.. i love tomato salsa and this is really nice way of serving.. True are ur words – small changes makes difference to men's appetite 🙂
Woww beautiful tortilla cups, simply inviting..
These are so colorful & inviting!!!
Wow snaps!! Hope the dish too 🙂
Looks beautiful, very appetizing indeed
I can have this anytime and yours look so beautiful and colorful.
Tempting snack,kids will love this..lovely clicks
wow, what a wonderful and innovative idea dear, those tortilla cups are so cute..kids delight recipe..
Delicious and yummy recipe again with superb clicks…:)
Plz stop by my blog as 3 awards r waiting for u…tc..enjoy..:)
Very delicious dish…Pics are beautiful.
Tempting click! Lovely healthy snack and i'd love to try…
Cute and lovely cups, pictures are very tempting
Follow scent and found this blog.
To know someone here and there … …
I like it.
I'll be back.
These looks very yummy!
such lovely and cutie cups!!!
Plz collect ur award frm my blog dear 🙂
yummy tortillas with salsa..very colourful n simple too !!
always love tortillas…loos so refreshing….
prepare it today itself….took energy from you…
Hi Uma,U have a wonderful blog of yumm recipes here.This is a delectable Mexican Delicacy.Luv ur recipe and delicious click as well as.Glad to follow U.
wow..thst looks so cute and tempting…I feel like grabbing one from the screen…:)
Looks fresh and refreshing
Looks fabulous and lovely pictures