Eggless Blueberry Waffles Recipe with step by step picture.
A waffle is a dish prepared using a batter and cooked between two hot molded plates to get a specific texture (mostly a grid pattern). The waffles’s texture would look light and crispy. The batter can be prepared using all purpose flour. For variations, wheat flour, almond flour, oat flour etc are used for making the waffle. For leavening the batter, yeast and eggs are used in waffles. Some waffles are prepared with some leavening substitutes. Typically it would be baking soda, butter milk or baking powder.
Today we are going to cook eggless blueberry waffles using simple ingredients. I had some frozen blueberries and I used them here. Instead of blueberry, roughly chopped strawberries can be used. I sometimes use this for making pancake too. Those who doesn’t have waffle maker can use this batter for making the pancake.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 to 40 minutes (each waffle takes 4 to 5 minutes approximately)
Makes: 7 to 9 small waffles
1 and 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1 and 1/2 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
2 tbsp vinegar/lemon
3 tbsp oil(any flavorless oil)
1/2 cup blueberries(fresh/frozen)
Subscribe to Indian Curry Trail, my Youtube channel for more cooking videos.
Method with step by step pictures:
1. In a mixing bowl, add 1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 1 and 1/2 tbsp baking powder, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.
2. Mix well using a spoon or whisk.
3. Add 1 cup water, 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice and 3 tbsp oil.
4. Mix everything well without any lumps.
5. Towards the end, add blueberries. Gently mix.
6. Heat the waffles for few minutes.
7. Spray the cooking oil over the surface.
8. Pour approximately 2 tbsp of batter to it. For this mini waffle maker, 2 tbsp was sufficient to make perfect round shape. Based on the waffle maker you use, adjust the quantity.
9. Wait for 5 to 7 minutes or until the outer layer becomes crisp. The cooking time varies based on the waffle maker you use.
10. Serve hot with syrup.
1. Serve it as a breakfast along with corn or maple syrup. Assorted fruits can be served as a side.
1. Instead of all purpose flour, wheat flour can be used. If the batter is thick when you are using wheat flour, add 1 or 2 tbsp of water additionally.
2. Instead of oil, melted butter can be used.
3. If you don’t have the waffle maker, the same batter can be used for making pancakes.